Cool Shit

Friday, June 19, 2009

Haven't really seen anything around in Vegas that was worth dropping dough on until I saw this... This was just absolutely wicked.


There was a small crowd gathered around a tent so I walked over to see what was up. There is this dude dual wielding spray cans and just covering this paper in paint. On display in front of his little stand are just some insane works of art. Some are trippy outdoor nature scenes and others are night shots of the Vegas skyline. I am thinking there is no way the painting this guy is making now will turn out that good.

We watch for a while as he sprays paint everywhere. Swapping cans in and out rapidly, occasionally grabbing a sheet of paper, spraying paint on that, taking tissue paper, dabbing stuff, grabbing putty knives, smearing stuff. About 8 minutes later of frenzied, seemingly chaotic work, he carves his name and shows the small gathering a masterpiece. I am still in disbelief.

Spray paint, computer paper, tissues, knives, bare hands, ten minutes. WTF.

I asked how much these things were fully expecting them to cost about $100. His partner dude said $39. I bought two. An awesome moon/waterfall landscape, and then one of the Mirage he made for me by request. Best $80 spend in Vegas.

Heading over to the Rio soon to confirm my pre-registration and check the place out.



0 comments: