Nothing too exciting so far...

Friday, June 19, 2009

Well I ended up getting to Harrahs at about 1am Pacific on Wednesday. I had a "Deluxe" room booked, and once we checked in we were sent to our room on the 5th floor. As soon as we walk in I check to make sure the room has "Dual Plasmas", and sure enough, no bathroom TV and a giant tube in the room. Instantly call front desk and find out they put me in a standard room. They said Expedia did not forward the information, which is funny because I called 3 days before and that morning to verify my room arrangements. Nice try Harrahs. The hotel manager quickly corrected the room arrangements and seemed somewhat apologetic over it. So that night all we really did was unpack.


My friend Jordan is with me for the first 3 nights, and wasn't really interested in long poker sessions. So on Thursday we did mostly exploration/Vegas touristy stuff. We checked out most of the strip, had a lunch buffet at Treasure Island which was very impressive for only $16. Then, we decided to basically get sauced and play craps for most of the rest of the night. I was a little worried because I am not here for table games, and I kinda have no choice but to take that money from my cash game BR. All ended up fairly well though, we got absolutely hammered and put in at least 7 hours of craps and I ended up getting back to the room only $50 down. I consider this a HUGE win since I tipped well over $50 out of my stack and consumed plenty of free alcohol and it was an overall great time. Obviously ran above expectation since I am sure I would have been up sans tippage. Definitely some comp dollars will get kicked back for the effort.

The coolest thing that happened was Jordan shooting a 5 point fire winner when I walked away to call my gf. There was a girl at the table with $2 on the fire bet and she only had $25 in front of her. She had NO clue what the payout on the fire was and her reaction was priceless when I told he she was getting shipped $500. Jordan was shooting for the 6th point before he 7'd out. One more point and that girl makes $2k and another guy pulls $10k.

Jordan leaves tonight and my poker buddy, Hoops, comes in. So today will be mostly chilling, and I plan to get to bed at a reasonable time, get a workout in tomorrow morning, and be fully rested for my first WSOP event tomorrow. Its just me and Hoops for about a week so I definitely play to put in some serious hours. Craps is fun but its much nicer to play a game that can be beat :)



0 comments: